I often get the question, how do I pass the VMCA 2022 (Veeam Certified Architect) exam? In this post, I will do my best to provide up-to-date and valuable study materials.
Am I eligible to sit the exam?
The best starting place for this certification is to determine if you are eligible to attempt the exam or not? Basically, you have two options:
- You are already a Veeam Certified Architect on version 1.
- Note: Only having attend the old Veeam Certified Engineer – Advanced: Design & Optimization class without passing the VMCAv1 exam does not make you eligible to sit the new VMCA 2022 exam.
- You have already attended the Veeam Backup & Replication: Architecture & Design v11 training course.
How do I know what will be on the exam?
The only true way to determine what will be on the exam is to inspect the official exam guide.
The exam consists of five different sections:
- Discovery (25%)
- Conceptual design (25%)
- Logical design (25%)
- Physical design (15%)
- Deployment and evaluation (10%)
Which study resources are available?
The best VMCA study guide resources are:
- Carefully review the official VMCA exam guide
- Watch the recorded webinar What is a Veeam Certified Architect and how do I become certified?
- Review the Veeam Design Methodology (PDF page 7 of the official exam guide)
- Review the Veeam Architecture Principles (PDF page 8 of the official exam guide)
- Test yourself using a VMCA practice exam
- Review some course and exam experience blog posts from the community